Zonta Club of Olympia is very active in the community. Through fundraising, awareness meetings, service projects, and connecting with other groups and organizations, we work to improve the lives of women (and their families) in our local community and around the globe.
Each year, Zonta Club of Olympia grants funds to non-profit organizations whose programs improve women’s legal rights, health, education, economic status, end violence against women, and enhance women’s self-esteem.
Hundreds of thousands of dollars have been raised and distributed since the club was chartered in 1928.
Zonta Club of Olympia:
- Provides grants to local non-profit organizations such as YWCA, Child Care Action Council, Safeplace, Community Youth Services, Monarch Children’s Justice and Advocacy Center and Family Education and Support Services.
- Supports the Zonta International Strategies to Eradicate Violence against Women and Children.
- Offers the opportunity for local women to re-enter the workforce through the Doris Drees Scholarship South Puget Sound Community College Endowment.
- Recognizes and awards women in postgraduate studies in aerospace science through the Amelia Earhart Fellowships.
- Improves the legal, political, economic, educational, health and professional status of women at the global and local levels.